Lewis Hamilton is now hailed as the best F1 driver of all time.
– Toto Wolf says he was the best F1 driver ever.
The question of which F1 driver is the best, the game is many years old. Since 1950, Alberto Askari, Juan-Manuel Fangio, Alain Frost, Ayrton Senna, Michael Schumacher or Louis Hamilton have all been discussed as the best F1 drivers of all time.
This weekend, Lewis Hamilton won his 100: GP, which is significantly higher than any other driver.
Since joining Mercedes, he has won 79 races, 75 polar positions, 127 platform positions, and won the World Championships for Six Drivers and the Championship for Seven Construction Athletes.
Prior to that, he won the World Cup title and several races with McLaren.
– I believe we are seeing a life that is completely unbelievable, says Toto Wolf, Mercedes’ permanent manager.
Is Hamilton the best F1 driver?
Already in 2017, Hamilton received Michael Schumacher’s number of polar positions, beating the German record of 91 GP wins in Portugal last year, and now he has won 100 races and won his eighth World Cup.
If he wins, he will win more than anyone else in history.
– He has all the records and I think they speak for themselves. He’s the best driver to drive Formula 1, says Wolf among others Motorsport Shop.
– That 100th victory will be news 24 hours a day, but in 20 years we will realize we have been a part of it.
There are 1050 Grand Prix in Formula 1, and according to statistics, Hamilton has won every tenth race in history. His 100GB wins are more than double that of third-place finisher Sebastian Vettel (53) or four-line Frost (51).
Almost the incision and the frost are together.
Hamilton wins all the other matches
Hamilton won 100 of his 281 races, 36 percent, Juan Malfangio 47 percent (24 of 51) and Alberto Askari 41 percent (13 of 32).
If you look at the statistics after the regime change in 2014, the figures are even clearer. 152 races and 78 wins, which means he has won more than any other race since 2014, and he was on stage 80 percent of those races.
At the same time, he has ridden for a team that has dominated the game for almost eight seasons and has more tournaments per year than ever before.
Toto Wolf, the team manager at Mercedes, is the best F1 driver ever.
What is he to you?
Leave a comment and join the discussion!
Here are the drivers with the highest GB wins in Formula 1:
1) Louis Hamilton, United Kingdom, 100
2) Michael Schumacher, Germany, 91
3) Sebastian Vettel, Germany, 53
4) Alain Frost, France, 51
5) Ayrton Senna, Brazil, 41
Drivers with higher polarity:
1) Louis Hamilton, United Kingdom, 101
2) Michael Schumacher, Germany, 68
3) Ayrton Senna, Brazil, 65
4) Sebastian Vettel, Germany, 57
5) Jim Clark, England, 33
5) Alain Frost, France, 33
Drivers with more World Cup titles:
1) Michael Schumacher, Germany, 7 (1994, 1995, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004)
Louis Hamilton, England, 7 (2008, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)
3) Juan Manuel Fangio, Argentina, 5 (1951, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957)
4) Alain Frost, France, 4 (1985, 1986, 1989, 1993)
4) Sebastian Vettel, 4 (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)
Red Bull congratulates Mercedes on new acquisition George Russell.
– He is definitely a reinforcement for the team. Christian Horner Motorsport overall says he has a great talent found in Williams.
Next year it becomes clear why Toto is giving him a chance. I also think he deserves that opportunity.
Mick Schumacher looks forward to 2022.
– We have invested a lot of money, he says.
– We close the door and hope we can beat our rivals.
His goal may be next year’s usual Q2 or higher.
Want to read about Sunday racing? You can find it here.
“Passionate beer ninja. Extreme problem solver. Thinker. Professional web fan. Avid communicator. Hardcore troublemaker.”