Felix Rosenqvist has left McLaren. He’s ready to run for Mayor Shank.
– I am very excited to start a new chapter in my career, he says.
Three Swedish drivers are competing in IndyCar 2024.
After racing for Chip Ganassi Racing and McLaren Indycar He now switches to a sticker. The new team is called Meyer Shank Racing. Helio Castroneves is the same team that won the Indy 500 in 2021. Linus Lundqvist competed in his first three races in IndyCar.
– This is the right time to take action. I consider this a good opportunity for me and MSR Rosenquist.
Felix Rosenqvist has signed a multi-year deal and will form a pair with Tom Blomqvist. In addition to the two regular drivers, Meyer Shank Racing will field a third car in the Indianapolis 500.
– I also look forward to working with Tom again. We’ve known each other since we competed together in Sweden in 2009, so it’s going to be fun. I am ready to work and feel very confident about next season, says Felix Rosenqvist.
Felix Rosenqvist is switching IndyCar teams
Felix Rosenqvist had a very difficult season at McLaren, although he qualified well for the Indianapolis 500 and finished second last time out in Portland. Now a completely new initiative awaits with a standard that can be seen further in the field.
– We are very excited to implement our 2024 IndyCar program and welcome Felix to Meyer Shank Racing, says team owner Mike Shank.
– Felix is a driver who has been on our radar for a long time. Now I finally got the chance to do this with him. It’s no secret that we’ve had a tough season in 2023, due to things outside and within our control. I think we are all looking forward to a new beginning.
So, all three Swedish drivers are ready for IndyCar 2024. Marcus Ericsson moves to Andretti Autosport from Chip Ganassi RacingLinus Lundqvist is ready for Chip Ganassi Racing and Felix Rosenqvist has now secured his spot.
His colleague Tom Blomqvist prefers rally icon Stig Blomqvist, but competes for Great Britain.
This year’s IndyCar season ends this coming weekend at Laguna Seca.
“Passionate beer ninja. Extreme problem solver. Thinker. Professional web fan. Avid communicator. Hardcore troublemaker.”