Louise Ganring took the bronze at the Paralympic Games on Tuesday morning Swedish time. It was something the rider didn’t believe before the race.
– It feels so great, it’s the best feeling of realism in the world. I’m incredibly proud of the team effort that I (Svärdström) and I (Svärdström) put in, Louise Janring tells DN and continues:
It was really the eight best players in the world who were here today. We knew there was a small, small chance of winning a medal and we did everything right.
It was the recipe for success Lots of planning And many hours of training behind the success.
– We’ve talked through the course before, how we take curves and slopes. It seems to have yielded results. Perhaps it was also important that we drove the track several times before. We’ve taken our time with parties with technical requirements a few times, she says:
– I think that was the key.
Ireland’s Katie George Dunleavy won the race, with Great Britain’s Laura Fachey in second place.
Already on Monday Janring and Sverdstrom saw opportunities to win a medal.
– I think everyone dreams of a medal. When we saw the start menu yesterday, we saw that the first and second were pretty straightforward, and they (Dunlevy and Fachie) are really “cool”. Then we mentioned we could come in anywhere from three to eight, says Jannering and continues:
We also got positive energy from Anna Beck who took home the silver in her class this morning. It was really fun. We’re a tight-knit team in the Swedish national team, and we’re good at rejoicing at each other’s successes.
Jannering reveals He was nervous before the start of the race.
– He was nervous. But she gave up when I had to do a chore, ride a bike and do what I had to do. Then you fall into a bubble.
After the sudden bronze, the next target had already been set.
– Now we are going home and taking care of ourselves. Since tomorrow, there is planning for Friday’s race. We will of course do our best on Friday, but that was our main focus.
Janring will compete in the line race on Friday 3 September at 02:30 (Swedish time).
Blind Swedish cycling star must trust his pilot: ‘Good at not having my will’
Anna Beck takes silver in Tokyo: ‘Proud of myself’
“Coffee trailblazer. Passionate thinker. Creator. Hipster-friendly internet enthusiast.”