After Thursday’s defeat against the Czech Republic, Troy Kroner lost 2-0 2-0 last season, which is a knife in the throat for the Swedish side.
Then with three matches left, they had to win everything, so there was even a chance for the playoffs.
The first hurdle was broken by Great Britain (4-1) on Friday.
Tonight, Slovakia (19.15 Swedish time) is waiting.
Since the decision against Russia tomorrow night.
If Sweden take the full pot, the team will have to wait until the last team game day on Tuesday – when the team is ready to play – to see if it will be a play-off or a defeat train.
– Of course you know the press, we know we have to win. But I think the magazines are coming from my own area, rather than from the outside. Everyone wants to play well, so be as quiet as possible, and once the buck is out, we can have a lot of energy, he says about the task tonight.
Successful chain change
Marcus Sorensen enjoyed icing in the last match in a new environment. San Jose has yet to advance to the World Cup, but has been paired with the brothers Kembe, Adrian and Mario in a new chain. Sorensen ended it with three points, one goal and two assists.
Just before lunch at the Olympic Games Center in Riga, the trio gathered for the warm-up match of today’s tournament, which looks set to get a chance again tonight.
– It was so good, we made a lot and scored two goals. We have always challenged safety and everyone can beat their seniors. It was a good first match, so Sorensen says it was something to build on, he scored his goal number superiority and played Mario Kempe for two goals.
TT: How good was it for you that it came loose in terms of points?
– Scoring is always good, but the most important thing is that we win. But when you get a post again everything will be a little easier and you will have a little better self-confidence, he says.
Federation captain Johann Karbenlev says the team enjoyed a good atmosphere during the heat of the match.
– This is a positive feeling in the team, everyone understands what competition is, we think we are on the right track as a team and we will play better and better as a team. The start will be important and we will get started. Then he says we have a good chance of winning.
Slovakia participated in the World Cup, beating Russia 3-1, but lost 1–8 to Switzerland. Lexand duo Peter Chehlarik and Marek Hrivik – both of whom will be at KHL ahead of next season. Chehlerik leads the World Cup points table with eight points, three goals and five assists.
– It’s a team that has won four matches, so they have good self – confidence, they have a leading chain, it makes good hockey and plays. Karpenlov says we have to have a guard in it and be careful when they are on the ice.
The first four teams advance from Group A to the quarterfinals, with six teams in contention. With an equal number of points, the mutual encounter determines. Location:
1) Switzerland 12 points.
Face from left: 1/6 England.
Mutual encounter with Sweden: loss, 0–7.
2) Russia (ROC) 12.
Remaining to meet: 31/5 Sweden, 1/6 Belarus.
Remaining to meet: 30/5 Sweden, 1/6 Czech Republic.
4) Czech Republic8.
Remaining to meet: 31/5 Denmark, 1/6 Slovakia.
Mutual encounter with Sweden: Wins, 4-2.
Remaining to meet: 31/5 Czech Republic.
Mutual encounter with Sweden: Wins, 4-3.
The rest of the face: 30/5 Slovakia, 31/5 Russia.
Seventeen Great Britain and eighth Belarus both failed to reach the playoffs with 4 points.
“Passionate beer ninja. Extreme problem solver. Thinker. Professional web fan. Avid communicator. Hardcore troublemaker.”