Here is Huawei’s latest setback. From September 2021, British telecom operators will be banned from installing new 5G equipment from the tech giant.
First, Prime Minister Boris Johnson said yes. Then the British government turned around, and banned Huawei from doing so Participation in the UK’s 5G expansionR.
Liquidation of high-risk service providers
Now comes the next setback for the Chinese tech giant. Early Monday morning, the British government announced that the country’s telecom operators From September 2021, Huawei’s new 5G equipment will be banned.
-It is setting a clear trend for a complete purge of high-risk providers from our 5g network, commented British Digital Minister Oliver Dowden.
The government previously decided that the operators have until 2027 to remove existing Huawei devices from the country’s 5G network. The operators should also stop purchasing 5g equipment from Huawei before the end of the year.
Billions of investments in 5G technology
The British government will also invest SEK 2.8 billion in stimulating the supply chain for 5G equipment. The money will be used, among other things, to build new research facilities in radio technology, as well as to conduct various 5G tests with Japanese Nec, according to Reuters.
Huawei: I’m not going far
Even in our latitudes, Huawei has been moved from 5G networks. In October, it was reported that Huawei or ZTE, the two Chinese companies, were not welcome in Sweden’s 5G networks. A few weeks later, Huawei chose to appeal the decision of the Swedish Post and Telecommunications Agency (PTS). Pending the decision of the Administrative Court, the auction has been postponed for the important 5G frequencies in the 2.3 GHz and 3.5 GHz bands.
– I definitely think that the Swedish telecom networks will eventually use Huawei equipment, we are not going far and want to continue our long relationship with Sweden, as the US director of security for the company Andy Purdy told Ny Teknik before the appeal became known.