DealMakerz

Complete British News World

Laura became infected by the food, and lost her arms and legs

Laura became infected by the food, and lost her arms and legs

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recently issued a warning about the carnivorous bacteria vibrio vulnificus.

“People should take sensible precautions,” says Dr. Natasha Spottiswoode, an infectious disease expert.

About 200 people a year are affected by Vibrio vulnificus, and people with weakened immune systems should be especially careful, according to Spottiswood.

There are two ways to get infected. You either became infected through raw or undercooked food, or you showered with an open wound.

The first case affected Laura Barajas, 40, from California, according to her friends.

“Her fingers, toes and lips were black.”

In July, Laura bought tilapia from a local store. She cooked it herself and was the only person to eat it. Within a few days she became very ill there and ended up in the hospital.

– She almost died. She was placed on a ventilator and placed in a medically induced coma. Her fingers, toes, and lips were black. Anna Messina says she was suffering from sepsis and kidney failure.

Doctors have now amputated Laura’s arms and legs.

– It was very difficult for all of us. It’s terrible. This could have happened to any of us,” Ana Messina, Baraja’s friend, tells KRON.

Read more: Laura died of a paracetamol overdose in hospital
See also  Double TB cases so far this year: 'Overall, ticks are increasing'