Skellefteå defender Jonathan Budas hosts his first World Cup match against Great Britain on Tuesday night. He was booked for games late Monday, meaning there are seven defenders on the Tre Kronor squad.
– In which another must return. He has played with us before. He is a very talented player. He competes at the highest level. He can play Powerplay in one position and he can kill outs so he will be very useful to us. We look forward to adding him to our squad, says Johann Karpenlov.
Trey Croner warmed up before the meeting with Great Britain at the Nokia Arena. Photo: Mattias Ek / HockeyNews.se.
Los Angeles forward Carl Grundstrom now joins Tamber after taking one of four vacancies and passing the PCR test before access.
– He kills outings and works hard in the second and third chains. You can play on that kind of checking chain, you can basically say. Garpenlöv talks about Grundström’s role in WC and let’s see where it goes.
– Sometimes that type of player will enter a match like this better than you think and grow with it and gain more confidence. But we start there.
Björklöven-bred Carl Grundström, 24, has played with Modo and Frölunda in the SHL, scoring 15 points (9 goals, 6 assists) in 54 games this NHL season. In the Stanley Cup playoffs, there were three goals and one assist in six games. Despite not having an NHL contract until the summer, he chose to play in the World Cup.
– We can insure the type of players with the money they write. It’s about the desire to play in the World Cup and how you feel after a long time. He felt he still had to give, for which we thank him.
Grandstorm lands in Tampere between ten and eleven o’clock on Wednesday morning. At 20.20, the buck will be released at the match meeting with Finland.
– Hope he plays. We’ll talk to him and see how he feels, but that’s hope. On Tuesday, before the match against Great Britain, Trey Kroner warmed up at the Nokia arena, followed by the newly arrived Zurich center Lucas Walmark. Tre Kronor plays seven backs and ten forwards. The question is who took Walmark’s place in the first chain with Joachim Nordstrom and Emil Bemstrom. Karpenlov had to find something for a meeting with Great Britain.
– We do not have many centers on this team right now. It (Nils) Haman tends to get there, then we have to spin a little and try to use what we have and distribute the Ice Age as much as possible to these people tonight.
– (Joel) Kelman can play there, Joke (Nordstrom) can go forward and (Oscar) Long can go left. There will definitely be many combinations you will see tonight.
“Passionate beer ninja. Extreme problem solver. Thinker. Professional web fan. Avid communicator. Hardcore troublemaker.”