Linus Lundqvist is ready for IndyCar.
He will drive for Chip Ganassi Racing starting in 2024.
– I will do my best to take advantage of this opportunity. says the 24-year-old.
Linus Lundqvist drives Chip Ganassi Race i Indycar 2024
It’s been almost a year since Linus Lundqvist won the Indy Lights, or Indy NXT, championship this year. The scholarship he received was not as large as that of previous winners, and was not enough to fund any steering in IndyCar 2023.
Instead, he waited for an opportunity.
A few weeks ago at Meyer Shark Racing he surprisingly took over Simon Pagenaud’s car #60. He capped the team’s best finish of the year at the city track in Nashville when he was 12th at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, and he set the fastest lap in the last event, just as he did at Nashville. It was decided on The Oval in Portland.
His efforts have inspired and paid off.
Linus Lundqvist ready for IndyCar 2024
Linus Lundqvist has now signed a multi-year contract with Chip Ganassi Racing.
– Linus Lundqvist says it’s a dream come true to drive in Chip Ganassi Racing.
– With full-time management in the NTT INDYCAR Series, and for one of the best teams in the championship’s history, I’ve reached a position I’ve worked for my entire career. It’s hard to put into words how much this means.
It is stable Marcus Erickson Now Andretti goes racing for Autosport.
– This will be completely new to me. Now I am part of a top team established at the highest level of this sport, he says.
– I know it will require a lot of hard work on my part, but having the trust of a team like Chip Ganassi Racing behind me is the best motivation.
On the way to IndyCar, Linus Lundqvist was impressed. He has won British Formula 3 (2018), Formula Regional Americas (2020) and the Indy NXT 2022 support class.
Chip Ganassi Racing is one of the most successful stables in American Formula Car racing. Indy has five wins in the 500 (the most recent with Marcus Ericsson in 2022) and 14 championships, the most recent in 2021. And then with Alex Ballou, who is also leading the championship this year. Scott Dixon, who is second in the championship, also competes for Chip Ganassi Racing.
Two Swedes ready for IndyCar 2024
There are two races left in the IndyCar 2024 season, this weekend’s finale and next weekend’s finale. Lundqvist will partner with Chip Ganassi Racing to prepare for 2024 – and beyond.
That means Marcus Ericsson and Linus Lundqvist are confirmed for IndyCar 2024. Felix Rosenqvist is yet to sign a deal, but F1 Blog was optimistic when it spoke to him a week ago.
– I hope all three of us get a chance, he said.
Tom Blomqvist, son of Stig Blomqvist, is in the starting field for 2024 and this weekend, but he is competing for Great Britain.
“Passionate beer ninja. Extreme problem solver. Thinker. Professional web fan. Avid communicator. Hardcore troublemaker.”