DealMakerz

Complete British News World

France to choose - Macron or Le Pen?

France to choose – Macron or Le Pen?

At 20 pm, the last vote in France’s second and final electoral round was cast.

The big question is how many will make an effort to go to the polls, in an election in which neither candidate is very popular.

Yannick Hoyle, a 54-year-old marketing director at a department store, is on his way to the polls — and there’s no doubt who will get his vote. He told the TTV envoy in Paris that he would be Macron in both elections.

– It was clear to me, Howell says.

I love what he did during his tenure. In my opinion, he has handled many things well, such as the pandemic, and I agree with most of his ideas.

“Vote against Le Pen”

Hoyle says that regardless of whether today’s vote is binding or not.

Because it is also a vote against Marine Le Pen. A far-right president in France is impossible, but not possible.

After five years with Macron (LREM) in power, more French people than in 2017 showed their willingness to try with the far-right Le Pen (RN).

According to a poll conducted by Ipsos last Friday, 43.5% of those planning to vote said they would choose Le Pen. It’s higher than any other right-wing nationalist candidate got in a poll so close to Election Day. The remaining 56.5 percent answered that they would vote for Macron, Le Monde wrote.

Winner Macron leans

In the early stages of the election, it looks like Macron will come back with victory. The incumbent president has acted with optimism – in two respects. He actually booked his vigil tonight for the Field of Mars in front of the Eiffel Tower in central Paris. Then he’ll probably be the winner – and it won’t start to rain.

See also  Zuckerberg responds to the accusations

What may be decided in the elections is who manages to get the nearly eight million voters who put their votes in the first round over the left-wing radical Jean-Luc Mélenchon. With the choice now between the liberal centrist Macron and the right-wing radical Le Pen, many may be staying at home rather than voting.

Experts say the proportion of couch potatoes during this round could rise as high as 26 to 28 percent, which is not thought to be higher than the record for 1969 in which abstentions were 31 percent in the second round.

At lunchtime, 26.4 percent of all eligible French voters cast their ballots, two percentage points lower than a poll conducted at the same time in the 2017 election, according to AFP.

If Macron returns home with a victory, he will be the first French president to win a second term in 20 years. In the last election in 2017, Macron won 66 percent of the vote.

Right-wing extremist Marine Le Pen cast his vote at a polling station in Henin-Beaumont, northern France. Photo: Michel Spingler/AP/TT

Facts: Elections in France

The population of France this year is estimated at 68.3 million. This includes the remnants of the entire former colonial empire. The mainland itself is estimated to have a population of 65.3 million.

The first round of the presidential election on April 10, 2022 saw 35.1 million voters.

The number of French who registered to vote in the presidential elections reached 48.7 million.

The French Parliament is bicameral, the directly elected National Assembly with 577 members and the Senate with 348 members.

Elections for the National Assembly for Parliament will take place on 12 and 19 June.

The presidential elections are held in two rounds. The term of service in 2000 was reduced from seven to five years, and in 2008, the number of consecutive terms was limited to two.

The administrative division of France consists of thirteen regions. It is divided into 96 ministries and just over 36,650 municipalities. To this must be added the remnants of the colonial rule of the country.

Sources: NE, CIA Factbook