Eden’s team won the long-awaited gold medal.
Discovery’s numbers now show that curling also had the highest percentage of TV viewers of all Olympic sports – but the gold champion, on the other hand, wasn’t recognized in the store.
Nobody said anything, says Rasmus and Rano.
In Beijing, Sweden showed itself to be a superpower in the world of curling.
The men’s team, Eden, took the Olympic gold after a major dramatic final against Great Britain, and the women’s team, Hasselburg, took the bronze after beating Switzerland.
It has also been a success in home curling in Sweden.
When Discovery has now released viewing figures for the Olympics, curling appears to be the most popular sport with 40.3% of all viewership.
– That’s actually the power of curling, it’s a better televised sport than live sport. Golden Champion Rasmus and Rano say it’s great to have so many people watching.
Lots of people watched the final
And 956,000 TV viewers watched his big match in the final against Great Britain – much more than 739,000 watched the hockey semi-final against the Russians.
– I obviously felt an increased interest. Nothing else can be said about it. Especially on social media and the like. It’s so much fun and you get proof that we’ve achieved something.
Team Eden got home from Beijing at 4pm yesterday afternoon, and Wranå had taken things easy after the Olympic adventure.
– It was a long trip home, so I didn’t do much. First I had to get the car out of the snow, and then I went shopping.
Do people know you in the store now?
– Haha, no, I don’t know. We are usually only recognized when we put on our wrapped clothes.
Didn’t you even get congratulations?
– No, no one said anything.
Tonight, a golden salute awaits in Karlstadt Square for Lag Eden, and tomorrow a golden party in the curling hall.
Then there will be a few weeks of relaxation before the gang goes to Las Vegas in early April for the restroom.
“Coffee trailblazer. Passionate thinker. Creator. Hipster-friendly internet enthusiast.”