We meet Johan Palmblad, a patient at Uppsala Adairbrax HospitalHe talks about his experience at the clinic and how he got help to get rid of varicose veins.
– My symptoms got worse and I had a constant feeling of discomfort in my legs which affected me a lot in daily life. Johan explains that it's time to do something about it. Continue:
-I did a lot of research and talked to friends and acquaintances who had undergone the same operation before. From the first contact with Uppsala Åderbråcksklinik, I felt very welcome and cared for, it was really safe.
On the day of the consultation, Johan was welcomed by Håkan Rudström, He specializes in vascular surgery and works with the staff at the Uppsala Åderbråcksklinik Samariterhemmet Hospital. A consultation is beneficial for those who want to learn more and take the next step before potential surgery.
– You can tell us about the problems you are having, we perform an ultrasound examination where you can find out how extensive your varicose veins are and create a plan that is suitable for you personally before going ahead and booking a visit for the procedure itself, explains Hakan. .
Johan takes the opportunity to ask questions Which he thought about. Can varicose veins disappear on their own?
Varicose veins do not disappear on their own, and their size does not indicate how annoying they are. The danger when waiting for treatment is that things get worse instead, Hakan says.
– The most common treatment to relieve the symptoms of varicose veins is support stockings, and we recommend them to everyone who comes to us. He adds that if or when symptoms worsen, we treat the root of the problem rather than just the symptoms.
Why and when you choose to have surgery on varicose veins varies. Many patients describe pain, discomfort, swelling, heaviness, or itching as the most important reasons, but equally common are aesthetic reasons. Visible varicose veins can easily bother and take up a lot of space in the mind – they become unnecessary mental stress.
– This may seem like a superficial point, but I feel that my self-confidence has improved after the operation. Johan says: It's nice not to have to think extra about when to wear shorts in the summer.
Johan shows the bone and there is no trace What was previously varicose veins. He recommends that anyone thinking about seeking help should do so, as the whole process goes smoothly and he is more than satisfied with the end result.
– Now in retrospect, I wish I had done it earlier! He adds: “A three-hour visit has the potential to improve the quality of life to this extent. I did not think it was possible.”
“The best thing is that the leg looks like new, absolutely incredible,” he concludes.
Uppsala Varicose Veins Clinic
Do varicose veins bother you? Book a consultation With a vascular surgery specialist. The staff at Uppsala Åderbråck Clinic have extensive experience in advanced care and nursing in university hospitals and clinics. During the entire treatment period, from consultation and treatment to follow-up, you see the same surgeon and team.