“Are you worried the outcome could be even worse?”
Several cases of Indian duplication have now been detected in countries such as the United Kingdom, Denmark and Norway.
It is not yet clear what properties the new variant has.
– Vaccine researcher Ali Mirasimi says there are signs that it could cross the immune system and infect a person twice.
British, South African and Brazil. All new strains of the new corona virus found in Europe in the spring. Now another variant began to spread: the so-called Indian double mutation, p.1.617.
The UK has identified 77 cases of the new variant. Norway confirmed its first variant on Friday and on Sunday the Danish SSI (Statins Ceremonstit) announced the discovery of eleven cases.
The Danish cases were discovered in March, where the victims all knew each other and had contacts with countries where it was widespread.
– So this is not about eleven different infections, it calms us down. Anders Foamscard, a virologist and chief physician, tells Danish TV2 that this could not have been better.
“Is there a concern”
This is called double mutation because of the detection of two previously known mutations in one and the same corona virus. These are the L452R mutation and the E4844Q mutation. The former is found earlier in the so-called California variant, while the latter bears a resemblance to the South African and Brazilian variants.
– We have never seen the two of us together, so there is more concern now, says Ali Mirasimi, a vaccine researcher at KI, whose outcome could be even worse.
Photo: Rajanish Kakade / D.T.
A health worker collects Govit-19 tests at Mumbai Municipal Hospital. Several cases of Indian duplication have now been detected in countries such as the United Kingdom, Denmark and Norway.
It is too early to say exactly what the properties are, how or how it can cause infection. However, both mutations have shown some signs of “cheating” the body’s immune system and overcoming it.
– The mutation found in the South African and Brazilian varieties is believed to affect the effectiveness of the vaccine. Mirasimi says the second mutation has also seen a particular risk of the virus infiltrating the immune system.
Photo: Henrik Montgomery / D.T.
Virusforkaran Ali Mirasimi.
Indian variation has been proven to affect the same person twice.
– It was found, but there are some cases. Then Ali Mirasimi says you are not very sick for the second time.
Twice the infection can occur
In autumn and winter, the prevalence of the disease in India is low. In March, it suddenly picked up speed again, after which, the infection curve pointed straight ahead. In the last three days, there have been about 200,000 confirmed new cases of infection per day in the country.
This has raised suspicions that the variant may be more contagious than others. Karin Techmark Weisel, head of the department at the Swedish Public Health Institute, says there are reasons to be concerned about the new variation not yet discovered in Sweden.
– It is highly contagious and poorly sensitive to antibodies. But we do not know for sure. The fact that it is widespread in India may have other explanations, i.e. it entered into congested areas, She is a D.N..
Photo: Jonas Extromer / D.T.
Karin Techmark Whistle, president of the Public Health Agency.
Mutations in viruses are not uncommon. In situations where the infection is more contagious, new mutations and viruses may appear. The only way to prevent them is to reduce the spread of the disease.
– The tools we need to do right now are vaccines. We get a peaceful environment to work with mutations and continue to develop vaccines that bite them, says Ali Mirasimi.
“Wilder mutants may come”
He says they have the best technology today to develop vaccines so they can burn new varieties in the future.
So while it may be somewhat unclear how effective the vaccine may be against new strains, is it worth vaccinating?
– Yes, this is very important, says Ali Mirasimi.
The usual thing about viruses is that over time they become quieter and less dangerous. But Ali Mirasimi says it will take time for the new corona virus to be confirmed.
– Meanwhile, there may be a little Wilder mutants who behave differently. Before we get there we will look at the many mutants that have passed the vaccine. But we have good technology to update vaccines quickly so that new mutants can be prevented in advance, says Ali Mirasimi.