There are two types of social exchange in Guayaquil.
During the cantonal COE session in Guayaquil, the Research Center for Specialist Universities (EUES) in Esprito Santo released its gene sequence report over the past 48 hours identical to 45 samples of the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
The director of the center, Fernando Espinosa, explained that 20% of the viruses listed are from the United Kingdom variant and 10% from the New York variant.
“If we don’t take appropriate action, the English variant has an epidemic that is two or three times more likely to attack the first variant that arrived in Guayaquil in January last year, and those humans are very serious,” he pointed out.
He also cited Chile as an example, where the English variant and the Manas variant are recorded, saying, “If the Brazilian variant reaches Guayaquil, we will have the same problems as we already had in April last year.”
At least five types are monitored internationally: B.1.1.7, B.1.351, P.1, A.23 and B.1.525. The World Health Organization (WHO) has identified B.1.1.7, B.1.351 and B.22.214.171.124 as types of anxiety. It is classified as Variations of Interest (VOI) B.1.525, B.1.427 / B.1.429 and B.126.96.36.199, Alternative P.2.
Variation B.1.1.7 Properties (UK)
- Discovered in late 2020 in the southeast of the UK.
- There are 23 mutations: N501Y, P681H.
- Spreading more than 50% of the original strain.
- According to recent studies, severity increases in terms of hospitalization and mortality rates.
- According to the CDC, monoclonal antibody treatments have the least impact on active sera and neutralization after vaccination.
Characteristics of Variation B.1.526 (New York)
- It was discovered in December 2020 and has been a model in Ecuador since last January, when it was imported.
- Modifications: E484K, Q677H, F888L, D235G
- The CDC indicates that treatments with monoclonal antibodies will reduce active sera and neutralization after vaccination.
- Decreasing the effectiveness of neutralizing antibodies. (I)